Saturday, January 17, 2009

Something I Know Nothing About: Golf

What I Know About This:
This might be best illustrated in the following way:

THIS:


GOES INTO THIS:


USING THIS:


IF YOU DID IT WELL, THIS IS SOMEHOW INVOLVED:


THIS GUY IS GOOD AT IT:


Ta da.

Where Do Folks Tend to Do This Activity:
Golf courses. I know that there are public and private courses, but beyond the traditional definition of what public and private is, all I know is that both do not usually have open bars at weddings. You'll pay like 12 bucks for a freaking Long Island Ice Tea. That ain't right.

I also know, coincidentally, that Orland Park, IL claims to be the golf course capitol of the world.

How Can You Learn About This Activity: I suppose you gotta know someone that does it - there's usually a good ol' boys club wrapped up in these sort of things. Anybody have any suggestions? I'd honestly like to learn more.

Something You I Something About Related to this Subject: Miniature Golf.

The Plan: My brother plays it pretty regularly, but (i) he lives ridiculously far away and (ii) whenever I'm near him, I'm not near him long enough to master anything, let alone golf. I guess what needs to happen is that I make some friend near me that plays it, but since no one I know runs in that sort of a circle, this could be a challenge. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment